After an Earthquake
Be prepared for aftershocks. Wear sturdy shoes to avoid injury from broken glass. Do not use elevators. Do not use telephones except in a serious emergency. Assist others in the area. Report injuries or damages to the nearest emergency response team or to the USC Department of Public Safety.
Evacuate the building until it has been assessed for damage. Before leaving the building, follow the following evacuation procedures:
- Turn off all electrical equipment.
- Bring emergency supplies, warm clothing and purses/wallets with you.
- Do not leave anyone behind. Assist those with disabilities.
- Close all doors behind you.
- Use the stairs, not the elevators.
- Assemble in a safe outdoor area.
All members of the Trojan Family are encouraged to remain on campus until the condition of roads is known. Listen to the radio for emergency information (KFWB 98 AM or KNX 1070 AM) or call the USC Emergency Information Line at (213) 740-9233.Information on the status of the university, including when classes will begin will be open, will be posted online at usc.edu/emergency.