Disease Prevention Tips
USC recommends that all members of the campus community take precautions to prevent the spread of disease. Specific steps you can take include:
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze. Put your used tissue in a wastebasket. Afterwards, wash your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand-sanitizing gels when soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, as these are pathways for the spread of germs.
- If you become sick with a flu-like illness, stay home until at least 24 hours after your fever has gone.
- Don't share items such as razors, towels and wash cloths, or contact lens cases.
- Keep cuts and scrapes clean and covered with a bandage until they are healed; change bandages regularly.
- Avoid contact with other people's wounds or bandages.
- Seek medical care if you feel sick.